It’s been over a month since I actually made these trousers (Merchant and Mills), so I barely remember the process. It took me forever to get a picture of them I was happy with! I need to find a place in my house with a back drop, and need to perfect the art of the advanced selfie.
In the end, my great pal Emily got the shot. Baby Leon and I got some snuggles in, and the pants were captured.
I put these together with fabric I had around. The fabric is maybe a bit too lightweight for pants. Better for a shirt, but the effect is flowy and it almost feels like I have nothing on, which will be nice in the summer.
Next time I make these, I’m going to baste stitch them together (just learned that this is a thing I can do with my machine – shout out to Heather the Quilter), and try one size down. These are a size 14, and they are pretty loose. Just want to see what the 12 would feel like.
Another thing I’d like to do is put in a thick elastic at the waist, rather than a drawstring.
My take aways for the 101 trousers
- use heavier fabric
- try to make the size 12 (again with throw away fabric, until I get the right fit)
- swap drawstring out for thick elastic